Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Interview with... Samantha Lockwood

I had no intention of interviewing Samantha Lockwood. In fact, if it wasn't for a sheer stroke of luck I wouldn't have had any point of contact for Samantha.
Then I interviewed Samantha's mother, Denise DuBarry Hay, http://maartenbouw.blogspot.com/2010/09/interview-with-denise-dubarry.html and everything fell into place.

Samantha is a talented actor in her own right, and has even gone on to put writing and producing credits to her resume.

I would also like to direct your attention to Samantha's jewellery line at, www.fleurings.com/
I have provided some images from the website below, and was amazed at the work involved. This is some beautiful stuff.

Fans of Samantha will know of her work on the Heath Ledger movie, Lords Of Dogtown.
I asked about this movie, among other things, to Samantha, and here's what she had to say.



1. What was it like filming Lords Of Dogtown?

It was a great experience. There was a lot of great skateboarding on set. My first day filming was my birthday. Catherine Hardwicke was great to work with.



2. What can you tell us about Heath Ledger?

He was a nice person. You can tell he took pride in his acting work.



3. What can you tell us about working with Danny Trejo?

When we did "Shoot the Hero" Danny made a great impression on me. Danny is thankful just to work, he is not a complainer. He loves his job and because of that he is one of the best actors I've ever worked with. Not only is he a very good actor he was always on time and friendly. He's always cool and chill and he shows up carrying an attitude of gratitude. I really look up to him for that. I wish all people could bring that attitude to work no matter what it is they do. I think he is just grateful for every day and acting is something he does, but it's not the only thing that defines him. He's just a super cool dude. If you watch "Machete" you'll see that.



4. What do you find appealing about acting work?

The creativity, the traveling, the people and the ability to make people learn and feel through stories.



5. Can you tell us a bit about your work on CSI: NY?

I worked on this show with Gary Sinese and he was a very gracious star. He was a good example to other actors and I'll never forget his manner on set.





6. What can you tell us about “That Guy”?

That short film is very funny and shot in only one day. Not only that it is a true story. Peter Winther did a great job directing and Peter Facinelli was really fun to work with as well.



7. What would be a dream role for you?

There are so many. I'd love to do action films because I'm an athlete and an advanced Bikram Yoga practitioner. I would love to do more true stories. One role I look forward to doing is the life story of Mary Pickford, (http://www.marypickfordfilm.com/). That is a film I am currently attached to and it is my next dream role. She is an amazing woman to portray, she was one of the real founders of Hollywood itself. I'd love to do a Bollywood film too, I think it would be fun with all of the romance, dancing and singing.



8. You’ve been known to support Cancer Foundations. Can you please tell us about this?

I enjoy painting and I've donated a lot of art to Cancer Foundations and other Charities. Often times I donate a painting for an fundraising event and the charity will auction it off and make money from the donation.



Thank you to Samantha for agreeing to this interview. I found it interesting that Samantha's mother instigated the interview, and was our point-of-contact. It's not how I usually conduct interviews, but at the end of the day I thought it was a pretty good interview.

If you would like to check out more about Samantha Lockwood you can certainly do so on her imdb entry; http://www.imdb.me/samanthalockwood

What did you think of this interview?
Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment