Thursday, November 18, 2010

Interview with... Ed Begley Jr.

I'm sure there's some times when my readers think to themselves, "how did he land an interview with that guy?"
Well I was certainly wondering that myself when I lucked out and got to interview one of the most hardest working actors of our time.
As I write this Ed Begley Jr. has appeared in some 240+ productions for TV & film, not to mention the tireless effort Ed puts into his work as an environmental activist.

The responses may be short but have no doubt that I appreciated every single word Ed wrote back to me.
Enjoy!



1. You’ve mastered various genres. May I ask, which do you prefer, comedy or drama?

It doesn't matter.
I just seek out the best material.

2. What do you think is your greatest strength as an actor?

Tenacity.
I've hung in there for 44 years.



3. Can you please tell us a bit about filming the Disney film, Superdad?

I was 22 and quite grateful to have 6 weeks work on anything.
I had done other Disney movies, but only for a few days.

4. How did you get involved in shooting a cameo in the film, Auto Focus?

Paul Schraeder is a friend of mine. I've done 4 movies for him.



5. Being a part of the original Parenthood TV series, have you seen any of the new series? If so, what do you think?

I haven't seen it, but it looks really good. I love Peter Krauss.

6. What type of roles appeal to you?

I love playing folks who make bad choices. They're always the most fun.

7. What’s coming up next for you?

A new show called Off The Map.

8. Is there an event or charity you would like to bring to my readers’ attention?

Check out the NRDC.



Thank you very much Ed!
I look forward to seeing more of your work, and I wish you all the very best.

What did you think of this interview? Please feel free to comment below.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment