Monday, May 30, 2011

Interview with... Dana Gillespie

Film & Theatre actress, singer, etc etc.

Is there anything this woman can't do? Have a read of my interview with Dana Gillespie and you'll soon realise the answer is no.


Enjoy!

1. What has been your favourite production as an actor?


I don't have any favourites as acting has always taken 2nd place to anything to do with music. Making records is what I really love to do


2. How did you prepare for your role in The Hound Of The Baskervilles?


All I had to do was breathe in and fit into the corset. I spent the whole time putting back the make up that would drip off due to laughter on the set as Dudley Moore was a really funny guy to work with


3. Were you familiar with the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle beforehand?


I've known of Doyle as a great supporter of spiritualism as he donated his home, after his death, to the Spiritualist Society, 10 minutes walk from my home


4. What was the appeal of filming The People That Time Forgot?


Any work that has a great location has an appeal for me and I had a good time with all the cast.


5. What would be your ideal role?


I have no ideal role. I certainly don't want to play Lady Macbeth. Singing is where my heart lies


6. What’s coming up next for you?


I have many Blues gigs across the world as well as singing the Sanskrit CDs I do, which is a type of music called Bhajans


7. Is there an event or charity you would like to bring to my readers’ attention?


The main charity gig that I do is to run the annual Mustique Blues Festival in the West Indies and it is now in it's 17th year, so it's doing well


I want to thank the very cool Dana Gillespie for her time on this interview. It was a pleasure to interview her and I hope you guys got a kick out of it.
If you'd like to leave a comment below please do.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment